- Rattletree Marimba Band
- This is Joel's band-based in Austin, Texas. They play traditional and contempory music based on the mbira and matepe.
- This is one of the best resources for Zimbabwean Music. Paul has an extensive catalog of Zimbabwean music to buy, as well as a great list-serve that keeps the whole community of Zimbabwean music enthusiasts informed.
- Another great non-profit with a lot of mbira music for sale, as well as information on upcoming workshops. Erica was the original source of field-recordings for many people in the US and Canada.
- International Library of African Music
This is the place where it all began. Hugh Tracy was the first person to do field recordings in Africa and they have an extensive collection of Ethnomusicological research. The work is now being carried on by his son, Professor Andrew Tracy.
- Empowerment Works
Empowerment Works is a non-profit dedicated to sustainable development in the third world with a major focus on Zimbabwe. They have done a great job working with street kids in Harare, Zimbabwe.
The yearly music festival that happens (usually) in the Northwest.
- Stella Chiweshe
- This is Stella Chiweshe’s personal website.
- Frank Bessem's
- An international world-music resource. In English and French.
- Group DIY
- A good resource for DIY recording electronics. Where I spend most of my time on the web.
- My DIY
Some of the projects I am currently building.